Inventory Control/Tool Room Attendant
Maintain accurate records of inventory used in production and keep abreast of the potential for shortages or overages on a daily basis. Develops a good working relationship with accounting and purchasing to ensure the company is not adversely effected by the shortages, overages, etc. and that all purchase orders are properly matched with shipping tickets for proper internal tracking. Reports directly to Purchasing Manager.
- Maintain parts and inventory in an orderly fashion. Ensure that all tools, supplies, and materials entering and leaving the tool room are accounted for.
- Responsible for issuing requisition forms for ordering items.
- Performing a quarterly inventory and, entering inventory data into the computer.
- Checking tools in and out to the workers at the beginning and end of the day.
- Accounting for the products you are receiving, what it's end use is, which job it is purchased for, and the staff to notify when products arrive.
- Review all purchase orders as they are received and set up a schedule of when purchased items are to be received.
- Assess and schedule employees daily work needs for tool check out.
- Working closely with receiving clerk and, notifying the purchasing office if a product is not received as scheduled.
- Set up a tracking program of all incoming and outgoing items. Be informed and able to respond quickly and efficiently to the receipt of, location of, and count of all incoming and outgoing items.
JOB RELATED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Some heavy lifting
- Excellent math skills including metrics and computer literacy
- Proficient with programs such as Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook
- Valid driver's license
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or G.E.D