Finish Room Manager
Direct and supervise finishing department employees through the process of applying stains and finished assembled white wood furniture in an assembly line production environment. Reports directly to Production/Plant Manager
- Train and direct finishing staff
- Work with other supervisors and upper management, execute production plans, and communicate objectives and priorities.
- Demonstrate and enforce all safety rules and regulations, ensure employees wear all proper safety gear.
- Ensure production and financial goals are met daily while maintaining a steady pace.
- Follow all OSHA and DEQ reporting procedures.
- Read and comprehend blueprints and engineering drawings relating to the finish of the specific furniture parts required.
- Display awareness of material and supply consumption trends to ensure that production flow is uninterrupted.
- Maintain quality, color, and finish consistency also making adjustments as needed for weather conditions.
- Proficiency in finishing furniture in a timely manner and on a continuous basis.
- Attend daily production meetings inputting departments progress and projections.
- Order machine repair and replacement supplies and parts as required.
- Stay abreast of industry standards, procedures, and strive to improve quality, efficiency, and profitability.
- Maintain accurate records and reports and submit them in a timely manner.
JOB RELATED QUALIFICATIONS
- Computer Literacy
- Knowledge of wood species, veneers, hardwood, and cores
- Knowledge of production finish process and the chemicals required
- Attention to detail and understanding of quality furniture manufacturing
- Ability to use spray equipment (spray, cup, airless assisted spray guns, air sanders and pressure pots)
- Valid driver's license
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 2+ years of college (associates degree preferred)
- 2+ years management/supervisory experience