Supervises and coordinates assembly department in receiving pre-cut, pre-drilled parts to be assembled.
Reports directly to Production/Plant Manager.
- Give daily job assignments to department employees.
- Ensures production and financial goals are met daily while maintaining a steady pace.
- Read and comprehend blueprints and shop drawings relating to the assembly of specific furniture parts required.
- Display awareness of material and supply consumption trends to ensure production flow is uninterrupted.
- Maintain accurate records and reports and submit them in a timely manner.
- Ensures that employees are in compliance with the safety standards.
JOB RELATED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Excellent match skills - knowledge of Metrics A+++
- Basic computer skills
- Knowledge of wood species and cores
- Eye for detail and basic understanding of quality furniture manufacturing
- Knowledge of woodworking machinery and furniture fasteners, their applications, and basic maintenance of each
- Knowledge of furniture fastening methods and appropriate application
- Valid driver's license
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ years of college (associates degree preferred)
- 5+ years of past management background
- 2+ years experience in assembly line/production environment