Receive, store, and issue materials, equipment, and other items from warehouse. Keep records and compile stock reports. Reports directly to warehouse manager.
- Receive and count stock items, and record data manually or using computer.
- Pack and unpack items to be stocked on shelves in stockrooms or warehouse.
- Verify inventory computations by comparing them to physical counts of stock, and investigate discrepancies or adjust errors.
- Store items in an orderly and accessible manner in warehouse.
- Mark stock items using identification tags, stamps, electric marking tools, or other labeling equipment.
- Clean and maintain supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas in order to ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- Determine proper storage methods identification, and stock location based on turnover, environmental factors, and physical capabilities of facilities.
- Keep records on the use and/or damage of stock or stock handling equipment.
- Examine and inspect stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisors.
- Provide assistance or direction to other stockroom, warehouse, or storage yard workers.
JOB RELATED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Warehouse work experience
- Valid driver's license
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 1+ years of experience in warehouse environment
- High school diploma or G.E.D