Supervise the activites of workers engaged in receiving, storing, testing, and shiping products or materials.
- Plan, develop, and implement warehouse safety and security programs and activities.
- Review invoices, work orders, consumption reports, and demand forecasts to estimate peak delivery periods and to issue work assignments.
- Schedule and monitor air or surface pickup, deliver, or distribution of products or materials.
- Confer with department heads to coordinate warehouse activities, such as production, sales records control, and purchasing.
- Respond to customers' or shippers' questions and complaints regarding storage and distribution services.
- Inspect physical conditions of warehouses, vehicle fleets and equipment, and order testing, maintenance, repair, or replacement as necessary.
- Develop and document standard and emergency operating procedures for receiving, handling, storing, shipping, or salvaging products or materials.
- Examine products or materials to estimate quantities or weight and type of container required for storage or transport.
JOB RELATED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Managerial experience in warehouse environment
- Shipping/Receiving experience
- Valid driver's license
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years experience of managing or supervising in a warehouse environment
- 2+ years of college (associates degree preferred)