Quality Control Inspector
The function of the Q.C. Inspector is to ensure the finished product is uniform in appearance and meets the customer's specifications. Each piece should function properly and have the aesthetic quality in appearance and overall quality that meets our standards. Reports directly to the ownership.
- Knowledge of the group name and job number being produced as well as the specific size, function, and appearance.
- Review drawings of the job to familiarize themselves with all components of job along with correct hardware.
- Inspect the overall appearance of the unit; physically check for scratches, dents, discoloration, etc.
- Check legs, tops, and drawers for any signs of roughness.
- Check the function of the doors, drawers, and TV trays to ensure proper working order.
- After thorough inspection, prepare the proper Q.C. ticket.
- Maintain accurate records and reports and submit them in a timely manner.
JOB RELATED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Quality Control experience
- Valid driver's license
- 2+ years of college (associates degree preferred)
- 5+ years background Q.C. in a production environment