Maintains effective and reliable information with vendors to establish relationships that are conducive to the company's efforts. Purchase needed materials and supplies at the most competitive prices ensuring that our quotes are competitive and, our manufacturing is profitable. Oversees receiving department. Reports directly to Production/Plant Manager.
- Ensure production and financial goals are met daily while maintaining a steady pace.
- Works with the input of all authorized buyers in setting up appropriate and well-maintained supplier files. Responsible for knowing the best source for all materials. Sets up an effective and organized bidding program with constant reviews of how sources respond in both price and reliability. Develops new suppliers, attends trade shows, reviews source factories and facilities. Stays abreast of all mergers, changes in product and key people that could help or hurt the company in it's procurement of needed supplies and materials.
- Works with the President and Engineers to maintain an accurate material status for each job, adding and deleting items as necessary.
- Provides the needed documents and purchase orders in a timely manner to all suppliers to ensure supplies and materials are purchased to enhance factory productivity and to ensure customer deadlines are met.
- Provides all necessary documentation to the accounting office to ensure that timely statements, invoices and discounts are received. Processes all information in a concise and timely manner, as set up by the Accounting Manager, to ensure accounts payable are maintained as agreed to with our vendors and suppliers.
- Follows through on late shipments, damaged materials, or shortages to ensure the proper documentation is completed and forwarded to shipper or vendor as appropriate to receive discounts or replacements.
- Establishes and maintains positive relationships with shippers in both the receiving and shipping areas.
- Develops a list of preferred shippers for both inbound and outbound freight.
- Keeps records and appropriate logs based on locations and destinations ensuring the best terms and freight rates.
- Keeps a log of all approved shipping companies including addresses, phone numbers, correspondence, rates, etc. to ensure smooth on-going plant operations in case of absence or personal leave from the factory.
- Keeps documentation of any freight claims or on going problems to ensure proper recovery of lost revenue.
- Maintain accurate records and reports and submit them in a timely manner.
JOB RELATED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Excellent math skills, metrics A+++
- Computer literacy with knowledge of programs such as Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook
- Valid driver's license
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ years of college (associates degree preferred)
- 5+ years past purchasing experience for a manufacturing factory