This position entails packaging and loading the finished product on trucks, trailers, or containers to be shipped. Reports directly to Production/Plant Manager.
- Ensures all packing material is kept organized and in good order.
- Wrapping the items for storage and shipment in blankets, micro foam, and cartons according to customer's specifications.
- Prepares items for packing such as, tying doors together, and securing all other moving parts to prevent damage during shipping.
- Heavy lifting, bending, and standing for long periods of time.
- Wearing appropriate safety equipment when necessary.
JOB RELATED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds over an eight hour period
- Basic math knowledge
- Familiarity with common warehouse equipment such as pallet jacks, hand trucks, and furniture dollies.
- Valid driver's license
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 1 year of experience in a warehouse/shipping environment
- Forklift License A+++