Does, oversees, or assigns the following: Receipt, storage, allotment, and inventory of all materials needed for production. Packing, shipping, and/or storage shipping for all finished goods. Reports directly to Production/Plant Manager.
- Ensure production and financial goals are met daily while maintaining a steady pace.
- Ensure employees wear proper safety gear.
- Training of receiving personnel to ensure accountability of materials concerning description, quantity, and location.
- Responsible for storage of raw materials and finished goods in various factory and off-site locations. Maintains proper inventory and tracking reports.
- Responsible for inventory control of stock items received into and taken from the tool room for use on the factory floor, as well as tools and equipment checked out.
- Responsible of general inventory of materials and equipment throughout the factory, as well as supervising the quarterly physical inventory.
- Responsible for training of personnel on the packing line and the accomplishment of daily goals.
- Responsible for shipment of finished goods, including the different modes of transport and the specific requirements of each in accordance with shipping standards operating procedures.
- Maintains shipping tickets and ensures accurate counts through appropriate paperwork and review of all shipping documents.
- Notifies front office to schedule the ordering of trucks and containers one week prior to the scheduled ship date.
- Keeps sales department informed of all problems and shortages that need to be addressed with the client or customer.
- Maintain accurate records and reports and submit them in a timely manner.
JOB RELATED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Excellent math skills including metrics and computer literacy
- Proficient with programs such as Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook
- Knowledge of wood working machinery
- Valid driver's license
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ years college (associates degree preferred)
- 5+ years in product management