Directing and supervising department as they process raw materials using wood working machinery and engineering specifications to make wood parts and components to be assembled. Reports directly to Production/Plant Manager.
- Give daily job assignments to department employees and track hours.
- Ensure production and financial goals are met daily while maintaining a steady pace.
- Read and comprehend blueprints and shop drawings relating to the size and specifications of the furniture parts required.
- Instruct employees on safe and efficient use of all machinery and safety gear.
- Coordinate with receiving and assembly departments regarding material and production needs.
- Attend daily production meetings inputting department progress and projections.
- Perform basic maintenance on machines.
- Ability to perform heavy lifting.
- Demonstrate proficiency in working all areas of the Machining department.
- Ensures employees wear proper safety gear.
- Maintain accurate records and reports and submit them in a timely manner.
JOB RELATED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Excellent math skills including metrics, and computer literacy
- Proficient with programs such as Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook
- 2+ years wood working machinery experience in production environment
- Ability to read and comprehend engineering drawings and bill of materials
- Proficient in precision measurements
- Valid driver's license
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ years of college (associates degree preferred)
- 2+ years machining or supervisory experience