Assists, performs, or directs as specified in areas of janitorial services, plant clean up, and tool room. Reports directly to the Production/Plant Manager.
- To include daily vacuuming, dusting, moping, window washing, discarding of trash, cleaning of bathrooms which includes the replacement of toilet paper and paper towels. Cleaning of trash cans as necessary. Keeping employees lounge area clean and sanitized which includes wiping down vending machines, walls, and floors when necessary. Keeps a daily log of what has been dispersed and to which location.
- Oversees that Eyewash station has water and is dust free on a daily basis.
- Ensures that water fountains and, water traps are sanitized weekly ; units are to be cleaned daily and kept dust free.
- When necessary, ensures the proper building of and installation of coat hooks, maintenance of lockers, replacements of glass, light bulbs (including ceiling lights in the office areas), filters in the air-conditioning and heating vents, and keeping a log of date and time work was preformed in the cleaning supply locker at all times.
- Maintains a clean and presentable appearance of all interior and exterior walkways, walls, doors, moldings, etc.
- Notifies the Purchasing Manager weekly, by way of written requisitions, a list of cleaning, and maintenance materials needed.
- Keeps exterior of building and grounds clean and free of trash. Cleans all outside cigarette cans daily. Maintains and keeps in good working condition all assigned equipment and materials.
- Follows all OSHA safety procedures by using the "Wet Floor" sign when mopping and labeling all bottles and cans of cleaning materials at all times. Never mixes chemicals together to create a stronger solution unless directed by a supervisor. Supervisor's signature must be on the label of the container listing all ingredients.
- Performing work duties in a manner that does not interrupt office or plant workflow. Checking each area before close of business to ensure work was performed satisfactorily.
JOB RELATED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to perform heavy lifting
- Valid driver's license
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ years in housekeeping or building maintenance
- High School diploma or G.E.D