Plan, direct, or coordinate the work activities and resources necessary for manufacturing wood furniture and related products in accordance with cost, quality, and quantity specifications.
- Direct and coordinate production, processing, distribution, and shipping activities of manufacturing organization.
- Be aware of or involved in budgets and approve expenditures for supplies, materials, and human resources, ensuring that materials, labor and equipment are used efficiently to meet production targets.
- Review processing schedules and production orders to make decisions concerning inventory requirements, staffing requirements, work procedures, and duty assignments, considering budgetary limitations and time constraints.
- Review operations and confer with technical or administrative staff to resolve production or processing problems.
- Hire, train, evaluate, and discharge staff, and resolve personnel grievances.
- Initiate and coordinate inventory and cost control programs.
- Prepare and maintain production reports and personnel records.
- Set and monitor product standards, examining samples of raw products or directing testing during processing, to ensure finished products are of prescribed quality.
- Develop and implement production tracking and quality control systems, analyzing production, quality control, maintenance, and other operational reports, to detect production problems.
- Review plans and confer with research and support staff to develop new products and processes.
- Institute employee suggestion or involvement programs.
- Coordinate and recommend procedures for facility and equipment maintenance or modification, including the replacement of machines.
- Maintain current knowledge of quality control field, relying on current literature pertaining to materials used, technological advances, and statistical studies.
Job Related Qualifications
- MS Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Must have working knowledge of CAD.
- 3-5 years experience in manufacturing environment.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or G.E.D.