This position entails outfitting finished wood furniture with its accessories such as decorative hardware and TV swivels, and prepares furniture to be inspectd by Quality Control. Reports directly to Backline Supervisor.
- Review drawing of the job to fawith all the components
- Test the function of each piecce such as drawers, doors, and hardware
- Clean and prepare furniture for inspection
- Assist in other departments or areas as needed
- Install doors and drawers, check alignments, check finish for imperfections
- Ability to lift 75 plus pounds, stand, bend, and stoop continually during an 8 or more hour day
- Read and comprehends blueprints and shop drawings relating to the assembly of the specific furniture parts required.
Job Related Qualifications
- Some mechanical ability
- Knowledge of wood
- Good math skills
- Ability to lift and bend for extended periods of time heavy items
- Attention to detail.
Education & Experience
- Assembly line in a production environment experience
- High school or G.E.D
- Valid driver's license.